Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Crafting!

This post received so much pinterest love - I've decided to feature it again in case you missed it last year!
Time to whip out the holiday crafts - this ones super easy!

Homemade gifts for the holidays are such a treat! I recently made a mason jar snow globe and thought i'd share a tutorial. It turned out so cute!


What you'll need:
1 qt sized Mason Jar
Craft Christmas Tree
Glitter
Water
Hot Glue Gun (or some sort of strong glue)

Directions:
1. Glue the bottom part of the tree (should be a little stand) to the lid. Let dry.
2. Fill mason jar full with water - leave a little room so it doesn't overflow when you put the tree in.



3. Add glitter, about a tablespoon.



4. Put the tree into the mason jar.



5. Screw on lid. - you might want to glue the top on so it doesn't leak, but that's up to you!
6. Flip upside down, shake, shake, shake!



So Simple! You could also decorate the mason jar!
Let me know what you think!

& see more ideas here! 

8 comments:

Bree said...

Ooh, I absolutely love snow globes and this one is cute. Perfect for Christmas! :D

P.S. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I am loving my headwrap especially this winter! You have an awesome blog here. Would you like to follow each other?

Lots of love, B
http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

Bree said...

I absolutely love snow globes and this one is so cute. Perfect for Christmas! :D

P.S. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I am loving my new headwrap especially for this winter! You have an awesome blog here. Would you like to follow each other?

Lots of love, B
http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

Josie said...

Love the snow globe! I will have to borrow this idea for next year :) Thanks!

Marian said...

What a neat idea. I need to try that some time!

Krista Lynn said...

LOVE THIS!! I've been seeing these all over Pinterest and I want to make one myself! Seems so easy and fun!

diary of this girl - megan said...

such a cute idea! i definitely need to make one (even though christmas is over hehe). i also love your nail polish!!

-megan

BF said...

This is adorable, and the possibilities for contents in the globe are endless. I feel like I saw these on display in another blog, but no reference to the DIY instructions.

Mel Lockcuff said...

So simple yet so beautiful! I may just have to try this with some of the mason jars I've been picking up here and there at antique shops. Thanks so much for linking up to Inspire Me Wednesday!