Soooo, before the bag of chocolate chips becomes my dinner again, I will share my healthy, vegetarian lunch with you.
Smashed White Bean & Avocado Club
(original recipe found here)
Ingredients to make 1 sandwich:
- 1/2 of a 15 oz can of White Beans (rinsed and drained)
- drizzle of olive oil
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 or 2 slices of bread (up to you!)
- 4 slices of cucumber
- bean sprouts
- some avocado
- In a small bowl mash up the white beans. Add a drizzle of olive oil, dash of salt and pepper, mash again.
- Spread onto one slice of bread.
- Top with cucumber slices and dash a little more pepper on them if you'd like!
- Add some alfalfa sprouts and slices of avocado
- Top with another piece of bread (if you'd like!)
- Indulge & feel healthy!
*Consider adding lemon juice & garlic to the spread & onion to the sandwich for additional flavors!