Mushroom & Kale Pasta Bake
- cooking spray
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 oz. of pasta
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small bunch kale, tough stems and ribs removed, leaves coarsely chopped
- 1-15 oz. container part-skim ricotta
- zest from 1 lemon, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and return to large pot.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms; cook until onion and mushrooms are beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add kale, cover and cook until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to pot with pasta.
- Stir in ricotta and lemon zest; season with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to baking dish and bake until top is golden, about 30 minutes.
original recipe found here