Now when you are making up a recipe and throwing a bunch of things into a pot, you don't exactly come up with a brilliant recipe to share. Measurements & times weren't kept track of and it is really up to you on what you want to put into the pot! But I'll do my best to share what I did, because it did come out quite tasty!
-one box cous cous (I used the pearled kind, since I am obsessed)
-one can garbanzo beans (chick peas)
-one can diced tomatoes (with the juice)
-half can of chicken broth
-2 garlic gloves
-half an onion
-half a zucchini
-carrots (however many you want!)
-couple handfuls of spinach
-1 tablespoon of olive oil
-dash of red pepper flakes
-dash of paprika
-dash of black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes on medium heat for a little less than a minute (make sure it doesn't burn!)
- Add the onion, carrots, and zucchini. Cook & stir until a little soft - 5-10 minutes or so.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, and beans (with all their juices) - raise to med. high heat & stir. * Meanwhile, start cooking the cous cous in a separate pot and follow the directions on the box.
- Season with the black pepper and paprika and add the spinach, mix it all in and reduce heat to low-medium.
- Let it all mix together and simmer for 10 minutes or so.
- When the cous cous is done pour it into the stew and mix together.
- Indulge. Indulge in this mess of a concoction!