Saturday, October 19, 2013

Slicin', Dicin', Whippin' & Sippin'

Usually when I decide to whip up dinner for myself I just throw a bunch of random things into a pot crossing my fingers that it will be edible - who's with me? I am no master chef here..I watch that show and cannot seem to comprehend how these people come up with a random recipe in 2 seconds and then cook it perfectly in 30 minutes. Seriously, mind blown.

So, to make myself feel like a master chef for a night, to learn a few tips and tricks, to check something off my 101 in 1001 list and of course to enjoy a delicious meal, I took a one night cooking class with my friend Brooke.

We bought a deal chicken for an evening of Healthy Cooking at the Classic Cooking Academy in Scottsdale, AZ. - the perfect girls night out.


On the Menu:

to drink: wine, wine, more wine - as much wine as you want.
appetizer: tomato, zucchini, and basil pesto tart
main dish: grilled eggplant stuffed with red pepper, spinach, & goat cheese with a tangy tomato sauce
side: cranberry and walnut quinoa pilaf
dessert: fruit salad with mint

Before you even walk in the door (seriously) they offered us free drinks and then Chef Ben Harper gave us a little info on eating healthy. We then headed to the kitchen stocked with supplies and got a walk-through of what to do for each course. After a short preview, we all worked together, as an awesome team of 7, making the delicious meals. We learned little tricks like how to properly cut an onion and an orange (I feel like a pro now). We learned the the sharper the knife and the newer the onion - the less likely you are to cry when choppin'. Plus other fun tidbits! As all of our dishes were ready to be served we took a seat for a candle lit dinner. The conversation flowed, the wine may have spilled, the food was indulged - all around an enjoyable experience. 

Unfortunately, I did not get very many pictures. Sorry, too busy slicin' onions and scarfing down my meal ;)





1 comment:

Fash Boulevard said...

i was in at wine, wine, lol. Adore this post, love. If you get a free moment, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. :) xo

www.fashboulevard.com